Tuesday 1 November 2011

Ad Astra Per Alia Porci

Yo Peeps! Waaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssup?

I've been in a really good mood lately. I'm not sure what to write, but I'm in a writing mood. This will likely be a very nostalgic, sporadic post, so bear with me. (Bare with me?) First of all, I'd like to start off by telling you all what I'm listening to at the moment. Here ya go! I just discovered that I can actually INSERT the video into the blog! How cool is that?

This is a Tibetan Mantra, sung by a bunch of Tibetan monks. It's called Om Mani Padme Hum, and if you can remember that, you can remember all of the lyrics! Pretty sweet if you suck at lyrics like I do! I first heard this song (which is 23:55 in length, by the way, I don't expect you to listen to it all!) at a yoga class I took last year. I'm not sure why I decided to listen to it today, but I did. I find it quite calming. I hope you enjoy.

Happy Halloween Everybody! I meant to post yesterday, but I never got the chance, what with so many small, bizarrely dressed children on a pre-sugar high rampage coming to my door! 

Halloween makes me happy. It always has. Some people might say that it's a "Greeting Card Holiday" or just some sort of marketing ploy, but I don't care. The way I see it, if it makes you happy, who cares? I do find the whole thing kind of bizarre though, it's weird to me that in our culture it's a thing that little kids dress up in weird clothes and go around knocking on people's doors looking for candy. Is it just me or does that seem like something that you'd find in some sort of bizarre alter-universe?

Halloween was at its best at about 10 or 11. By then, you're old enough to get some real hard-core trick-or-treating in, and old enough to go more or less by yourself (with friends.) BUT, you're not so old yet that people think you're TOO old, and don't want to give you candy.

When I was about that age, my friends and I would go trick-or-treating and then we'd all go back to one of our houses and sort through our candy. We'd pile or stuff up into piles of stuff we absolutely LOVED, stuff we liked, stuff we didn't really like and stuff we absolutely LOATHED (although when it comes to candy, there's not much of that ;) ). Then, we'd do a series of trades until we all ended up with more or less only our favorite candy. It always worked out great. :)



Anyways, I hope you all had a fantabulous Halloween and are getting all pumped up for the next big celebration in your life! (It's always good to have something to look forward too!)

And here's a final song, for your inspiration. ;)


** I forgot to title this! So I had to go back and do it! I didn't know what to choose, so I chose one of my favorite quotes, evidently, "Ad astra per alia porci." It's Latin, and it means "To the stars on the wings of a pig." **

No comments:

Post a Comment