Monday 28 November 2011

My Favorite Thing Is to Go Where I Have Never Gone

--Diane Arbus

"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train." - Oscar Wilde

Do you ever have those days, where you wonder, wouldn't it be easier to just drop everything and go? Does this English Lit paper really matter in the big scheme of things? What about my job, does it matter? Couldn't I survive, just on the pure thrill of life, if I just went out and explored, forever? I know I talk about it a lot, but there is nothing--and I mean nothing--that I want to do more than travel. It's like I'm itching to get going and see everything. The world amazes me. How could it not?


As perhaps sad as it is, that video nearly brings me to tears. It enthralls me, it's like the entire world is a magnet and I'm also a magnet, and the whole world is pulling me towards it, so, so, so hard. But I don't know where to go, I don't know where to start, because it's all pulling so hard. Okay, so that was an awful analogy, but you get the picture.





















I want to go somewhere, somewhere amazing. Somewhere that takes my breath away, where I can feel the awesomeness of the world around me just pounding through my veins. I do not want to be a tourist. I once heard a quote that basically said "Tourists see what they came to see. Travelers see what they see." I want to go somewhere astounding, I want the sheer amazingness of the place to overwhelm me and I want to be taken by surprise. I want to love this place because I love this place, I don't want to go somewhere EXPECTING to love it, that defeats the purpose, as hard as it is to go with no expectations.


And here's a final song, for your inspiration. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment