Thursday 18 August 2011

Where We Love Is Home

(Title is part of a quote by Oliver Wendell Holmes - "Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.")


Hey dudes.


What comes to mind when you think of your childhood? For me, I think of camping. I think of the outdoors, play grounds and such. I think of apple juice and pancakes. I think of my family. I think of Zoboomafoo and Blues Clues. Oh, and we can't forget Bear in the Big Blue House! (My dad used to sing me this song all the time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XrL_F6tnT4) I think of my Mom reading me books before bed. She never (or rarely) read me picture books. No, we went straight to Little House on the Prairie and Ramona and Beezus. This brings me to what has inspired me to do all of this reminiscing. (It's always songs isn't it?)


Naturally, when I heard they were making a Ramona and Beezus movie, I was excited. Recently, some good friends of mine and I rented it, bought some gummy bears and settled down to watch what is now one of my favorite movies of all time. It brought back so many great memories (and reminded me how much I LOVE gummy bears - YUM!) but mostly, it introduced me to THIS. I love this song. It reminds me of all the good things in life, like good friends, good memories and gummy bears. 


Now here's a final song, for your inspiration. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment