Wednesday 17 August 2011

One Today Is Worth Two Tomorrows

(Title is a quote by Benjamin Franklin)


Welcome back for Day 2!


What would you do if you woke up one day and suddenly found yourself in a world completely rid of responsibilities? What if you no longer had to work, or do chores or clean or take care of your kids and pets (as much as you love them)? If you could take the day and do whatever you wanted to do, and make it the best day of your life, what would that entail?


For me... well that's a tough question to answer. My perfect day... would contain a walk on the beach. A rocky beach, not your typical sandy path to heat stroke and sunburn. I'd want it to be misty, not quite rain, but not quite... not. I'd be alone and it would be kind of cool... (I'm not one for heat, in case you can't tell.)


Or maybe my day would be spent skating on a frozen pond, as clear as glass for hours on end. Or maybe I'd roast marshmallows with my family and friends in the fire pit in the back yard. It's hard to say what I'd do. That's the thing, there would be so many options. So many amazing things to do, because our world is chock-a-block full of amazing things to do. 


This brings me to my inspiration for the day. This song, M.A.G.I.C by the Sound of Arrows, and even more specifically, this video, reminds me of how much there is too love about life. It sets me off on a spur of dreaming all the things I want to do and see, and all the places I want to go. I love so much about this video. I love the final words the kids say "Is it so big because it's so far away?' 'No, it's the other way around." I love that it's in Spanish, and made by a Swedish band. I love that the album it's on is called "Swedes Do It Better", because if this song is any indication, they're absolutely right.


And here's a final song, for your inspiration. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment