Friday 19 August 2011

If Music Be the Food of Love, Play On

(William Shakespeare)


Definitely, Maybe is one of my favorite movies. I especially like one of the very first scenes (which can be viewed in the link), where Will (Ryan Reynolds) is walking down the street, talking about picking the absolute perfect song for the moment your in. For him, at that moment, that song was Everyday People by Sly and the Family Stone


I like to get in my car, roll down the windows, plug in my iPod, play a very specific playlist (because of course changing the song while driving would be dangerous), and drive down the street. It makes me feel like I'm in the opening scenes of a movie. I see the people on the sides of the road walking their dogs, playing catch with their kids in the park, going for a jog, and it's just like a movie. 


I love the idea of being in a movie, but I don't want to be an actress. I've taken acting classes in the past and, while it is fun, it's not exactly for me. I love the "in a movie" feeling because it's like you ARE a movie, it's as if your starring in your own blockbuster, except YOU get to decide where the story takes you. Really, life is just like the movies, except you get to choose how to react to the situations that are unexpectedly thrust upon you. It's like an interactive 3D movie with the best 3D ever, AND with the best aroma scope possible. (For the record I think the whole aroma scope thing is ridiculously stupid. It's also stupid that they're calling it 4D because anyone who's ever taken a physics course knows that the fourth dimension is time, so unless they're taking us back in time, it's a blatant lie.) Anyways, said like that, doesn't life sound great???


This is the song that I've been listening to lately when I want a movie-like feeling. I'm not exactly sure why, and it's pretty mainstream for me. I'm not USUALLY all that mainstream. Though lately more than usual. 


And here's a final song, for your inspiration. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment